Friday, July 17, 2009

Family time in conn.

I am spending the week in Connecticut.. Where I was born and raised.. And spent most of my days.. Ha. My family still lives there. Mom, dad, sister, nephew, aunts, uncles, cousins.. I'm here to see them and also run two sports camps for Uw sports ministries.  A great ministry by the way... 

New England needs the gospel.. So here Is my attempt to be a useful vessel in a very hard area.  And I love little kids.  I get them and they understand me.. It's an outlet for me to use my gifts with kids.  I don't have that in Austin.  I did when I was teaching, but I haven't found it yet working full time for Hcbcut.  So Uw allows me to play with kids.. And reach out to new England. A win win eh?

I love reading the paper here. There are uconn and Yankee stories every day :) . 

I love being with my family.  I love watching the Yankees with my dad. I enjoy watching movies with my sister . I love talking about mj or the latest news with my cousin. I love hanging with my nephew.  

However, my heart also aches.  My family wants me home. They always have. I've been living away since my junior year of college. Now going on.. 11-12 years.  They have been asking to move back ever since.  

Instead I've moved farther away.. From long island, ny to Harrisonburg, va to Vienna, va to fort myers, fl to Austin, tx.   I've been searching for home.. A place to serve, a community to be on mission with.. Warm weather :)

However today :
 
My 7 yr old nephew asked me why I live in Texas. I told him I like my job and my friends. He asked if I like my friends more than family. :(

He has asked me things like this before.  He doesn't understand why I don't live with the family.  He doesn't understand. 

He also has autism. He is brilliant. But struggles socially.  He is struggling. The family is struggling. It's been a very hard semester for them. And for me. 

Ugggg.  

I hope the trip is great. I hope time with the family is good and fun. I hope the lord uses the camp to bring many to him and encouragement to all. I hope taurasi gets to play in the wnba all star game and the Yankees win. 

And I hope He sustains my head and heart . 

 
 

   

Heather Lodovico
College Director

... if we ever leave a legacy, let it be that we loved eachother well...